Boom-Boom
Mutant
APP
PLOT
she/her
Kiri
is Offline

Boom goes the weasel

It was too quiet in the mansion. It was always too quiet in the mansion. For someone who had all that money with all those cool rooms and endless hallways, Xavier really was great at doing almost nothing with it. Like, sure, there were the rooms for training or whatever, but what about fun? Tennis courts? Croquet? Snooze-fest!

Boom-Boom desperately needed something interesting in her life before her brain went boom from boredom. So, with a dramatic sigh, she practically threw herself out into the hallway and made the long journey to where more of the main rooms were located in hopes of finding something happening. Making her way down into one of however many living rooms were in the place, she almost thought she was going be disappointed by yet another empty room until a vivid color caught her eye from one corner of the room. She didn't know the guy well...but hey, it was a start. Besides, if they were both staying in the place she'd have to break him in eventually. What better time than the present?

She padded stealthily down the ridiculous staircase and with an easy vault, Tabitha swung herself over the back of the couch and landed smoothly next to the blue guy. At the same time, a quick hand reachedout and slipped the soda can right from between those crazy looking fingers of his. "Hey Kurt," she started naturally, as if it were just a casual passing in the hall. Leaning back into the arm of the couch, she took a pointed sip from the drink before breaking into a wide grin. "How's it shakin'?"

PM
^
Kurt Wagner
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 11:17 PM
Kurt Wagner
Nightcrawler
Mutant
APP
PLOT
Twenty Five
Him/His
Ithi
is Offline

The Sea Hawk!

When Kurt was little he used to watch Errol Flynn's movies on a tiny TV with the other stage fighters. It was an old set and the picture was bad but it introduced him to one of the masters of the sword. Kurt grew up loving those old pictures and when he had a little leftover money he'd hunted them down, along with a study prop blade. Of course he hadn't imagined he'd be living in a mansion with a very large and expensive TV at hand when he'd bought them. He'd figured on the old set back at the apartment.

The differences were good, all told. He could see the details of the fight scenes much more clearly thanks to the better TV and the remastering that the movies must have gotten at some point. It went without saying that any room here at the mansion was going to be much larger and more comfortable than anything in the city that he could afford. Most importantly though, that extra space meant he had much more room to act out those fight scenes and he was a lot more skilled now than he had been when he'd first seen them.

Kurt had the day off from Awaken so he popped into the kitchen to grab a soda and then headed for the living room with the box containing The Sea Hawk clutched in his other hand and his prop sword tucked casually into his belt. Then he lost himself in the movie, mimicking Flynn's sword skills, and his charm, to an audience of none. He was standing on the couch, working through a certain maneuver with the sword, when one of the mansion's other residents seemed to pop out of nowhere and stole the soda out of his offhand.

"Tabitha! You startled me. I was just watching an old movie."

He motioned to the TV with his sword before dropping back down onto the couch.

"What brings a lovely young woman like yourself here to me then?"

Despite having taken residence here at the mansion Kurt knew very little about any of its inhabitants. He had spoken with Mr. Xavier and that was why he was here but he could not say he truly knew the man, nor any of the other mutants that he had offered shelter to. Tabitha was an enigma to him. A quite pretty enigma but mysterious nonetheless.

PM
^
Tabitha Smith
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 02:42 PM
Tabitha Smith
Boom-Boom
Mutant
APP
PLOT
she/her
Kiri
is Offline

Boom goes the weasel

Once she had a better view of what little boy blue was up to, Boom-Boom couldn't help the wide smirk that took over her face. This was honestly about as perfect of a moment to stumble on someone as she could have asked for. Something about the weird stuff people do when they think nobody's around was beyond amusing to her. It was part seeing something you weren't supposed to, and part seeing someone at their most genuine.

"Just watching, huh?" From her view it looked a bit more like he was planning to audition for the Hollywood reboot, but she'd let him choose if he wanted to own the fact that she definitely wasn't buying that as an answer. After a moment her nose wrinkled, and she decided to address the overly formal greeting of his. "Please, call me Boom-Boom, or Tabby, or anything else. The only person who calls me Tabitha is Xavier when he's using that disappointed dad voice of his."

Oh, but then Kurt made his first mistake, and it was one that would be difficult to ever recover from. He encouraged her. Really, she was plenty of trouble without encouragement, but having someone react positively to her antics just gave Tabitha a wide opening to see just how far she could take it. Kurt was basically doomed.

Leaned back against the arm of the sofa, Tabitha took the opportunity to stretch out all the way and place her legs comfortably in Kurt's lap before giving him a dramatic pout. "It's boring! It's always so quiet and neat and perfect here all the time, it's driving me nuts!" To add on to the drama, she flopped her head back against the couch with a low whine. "I need something fun, Kurt. You have to save me!"

PM
^
Kurt Wagner
 Posted: Mar 30 2018, 08:44 PM
Kurt Wagner
Nightcrawler
Mutant
APP
PLOT
Twenty Five
Him/His
Ithi
is Offline

The Sea Hawk!

Of course she called him on just watching the movie. Kurt didn't think many people watched a movie while mimicking the swordplay in it. It was a pleasurable habit for him now. Where he used to do it to learn, now it was simply a joy to fight alongside one of his heroes.

"Very well then, Tabby. Or shall I call you M'lady? Queen perhaps? And yes, just watching. This is how I watch movies that have swordplay in them. A holdover from when I was training, now it's just fun."

There was no point inquiring further into her dislike of her given name. He didn't use his proper family name anymore for practical and personal reasons. The same was probably true for her. Every person had a story, some better and some worse. That was the way of life.

He chuckled at her overly dramatic display. Tabby apparently did not handle quiet well. It was quite fitting for someone whose alias was Boom-Boom.

"So...you're saying you're a damsel and you're in distress? We can't have that can we?"

Kurt teleported out from beneath her feet to stand in front of the sofa and bow, sword in hand, in her direction.

"What, pray tell, would you have me do, to help rid you of this accursed boredom?"

If she wanted to be dramatic and likely mischievous, well two could play that game. Errol Flynn could wait. The game was afoot, whatever it was.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned by josh dun of shine, cc, wecode, and ctw.
cfs by black @ code, cts by ree @ shine, cps by sidhe @ shine,
collapsible script by Kismet @ RPG-Directory, code box script by nicole @ shine.
sidebar tabs, skin edits, and templates made by kiko exclusively for wyat.

Marvel Topsites Shadowplay Topsites